Monday, August 15, 2011

Three Months

Oh how we love these girls!

Yesterday they turned three months old and yet every day it feels like something new is happening.

Morgen has begun the "only mommy makes me feel better" phase.  She was already the more clingy girl but that tendency has grown.  It's hard to find time in the day to do anything besides cuddle that little girl.  I'm not complaining, not by any means.  There is something absolutely wonderful about holding my girl and having her little arms around my neck (not that they reach around per se, but rather settle at either side by my collarbones).

Sonne is growing like a weed.  Well...they both are, but with Sonne the changes seem so much more prominent.  I have to assume that's because of her smaller size still.  Sure, she's putting on some baby fat, but she's getting noticeably longer.  I'm watching her nap in the swing at the moment and I swear she's bigger than she was yesterday.

Today the girls are being evaluated by a physical therapist who works for a regional center.  They were referred there by the NICU due to their prematurity.  There is a chance that they will be accepted into a program to assist them with their development.  Then again, the therapist might look at them and say that they seem on target based on their adjusted age.  We shall see.

As for us parents, we spend our spare time cleaning out the house.  We are on a huge mission to get rid of the crap we have stored inside and out.  Do we need it?  Do we love it?  Does it have sentimental value so we want to keep it?  No?  Goodbye!  Of course, we filled the trash can quickly yesterday and have more to go so I'm waiting until the trash pick up tomorrow to continue the pitching mission.

As for me, I'm doing okay.  Some days are easier than others.  Yesterday morning was a tough one.  Thankfully Eric let me run out to the brew shop on my own so I could have a little break from nursing what seemed like 24/7 on Friday and Saturday.  I needed the hour break.  And, if all goes as planned, tomorrow I will be brewing up a Honingweizen which we will keg for a Labor Day weekend BBQ.  Fingers crossed.

I'm mentally preparing now for Eric to be out of town for a few days later this week.  He's heading to The Cape for our dear friends' wedding.  I wish I were going as well, but traveling with these two would just be too much.  We have our routine, so to speak, here and messing with it seems silly.  I'm just worried about managing both girls during the night.  Why the night is more daunting than the day, I'm not sure.  I'll figure it out certainly.  I'm not the first mom who had to manage two infants on her own for a few days.  And I'd rather be home with the girls than away from them.  Daddy is going to seriously miss them.  Heck, we both miss them when we are gone for more than a few hours!

Anyhow...I'm grateful for the challenges whether they be how to nurse both girls at once or how to be okay with letting one cry while tending to the needs of her sister.  I'm grateful that I have this opportunity.  I so love these two girls and cannot wait to teach them about the world and watch them explore it for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment